The Holistic Family Support Services (HFSS) Supervisor is responsible for the on-going operations of CHD’s HFSS program. The HFSS program provides support services to families that are involved in the child welfare system. The HFSS Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of professional caseworkers in areas of child welfare to include child protection screening, intake and ongoing casework, and out-of-home placements, family preservation and preventive services for children, foster care and other collaborative child welfare activities. The Supervisor works under the general direction of the CEO or Program Director, and promotes the mission, vision, and values of CHD.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise professional, clerical and volunteer sta览 including training and staff development, to assure that services are delivered effectively to the children and the families who are served through the program.
- Assign cases, determine work priorities and evaluate the work performance of caseworkers and other program-related staff.
- Evaluate ongoing services to ensure that all services are provided and that all client files are maintained in accordance with contract requirements, as well as with agency, local, state and federal laws and guidelines.
- Complete and submit all required reports according to the contract requirements.
- Represent CHD at meetings related to the program and maintain a positive working relationship with contract holders and other community stakeholders.
- May perform the work of caseworkers or other staff when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent writing and computer skills
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information to families, management, employees, and outside agencies
- Demonstrates understanding and empathy for others
- Conflict resolution skills (including ability to de-escalate and redirect in times of conflict)
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, public health or closely related behavioral health field
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
- At least 1 year experience working in the child welfare system or related social services field
- At least 1 year of organizational development or human resources experience, a plus
- A combination of closely related education and experience may be considered as a substitute to these requirements.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- A valid Nebraska driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance that meet agency requirements.
- Criminal background and child/adult abuse clearances are required.
- Drug testing is required